IC Officers reviewed the results of the ASPA International Chapter Member Survey
conducted in January-
Global Challenges & Solutions
Thinking ahead to our Section for Public Management Practice event at the ASPA Conference
in Chicago on Friday, March 6 of next year, what we have in mind is moderated roundtable
discussions and applied presentations that explore 21st century solutions to current
day challenges – both here in the States and elsewhere around the globe. Given the
urgent need for improved trust in government and a stronger and more equitable society,
this year’s emphasis is placed on citizen and community engagement practices that
show promise of raising the bar across a wide spectrum of public management domains.
The working title for the 1-
Building on the 2015 ASPA Conference track structure, we are collaborating with other
ASPA Sections with applied interests to attract innovative ideas and best practices
from across ASPA and from other practice-
- Internal HR, program planning and performance accountability practices (including recruitment, testing and screening, training and evaluation)
- Fiscal policy and budgetary decision-
making practices (including community hearings, periodic updates & reporting, accessible Web site with dashboards, etc.)
- Citizen and community outreach and customer satisfaction measurement (including special efforts to involve underserved, minority & marginalized populations)
- Ethics and transparency
- Law enforcement (including policing and the judicial process and practices)
- Emergency, disaster and crisis management
- Collaborative governance with nonprofit and related civic organizations
- Operation of health, education and human services programs
- Energy, environment and public works programs
Welcome to our collaborative Web site promoting good governance through a worldwide professional community of practice – including emerging, modernizing and advanced democracies.
The Public Manager
A unique quarterly journal about federal government leadership that works.
Section News & Events
ICMA International has a successful track record of introducing sound management practices to local governments, municipal associations, national ministries, and agencies in developing and decentralizing countries throughout the world.
Call for Proposals
More from Adele Peters:
More at Citiscope.com:
Views from the
Ines Beecher -
ASPA Section for Public Management Practice
By Warren Master
By Kathleen Miles
More at PA Times:
By Chinua Akukwe
Beyond Municipal Measurement -
By Nate Berg
By merging landscape and architecture, Balmori Associates and H Architecture aim to create a new seat of government for South Korea—and a new form of urbanism.
Esri inspires and enables people to positively impact the future through a deeper, geographic understanding of the changing world around them.
The Online Journal & Network of ASPA’s
Section for Public Management Practice
Sponsored by Texas State University’s
William P. Hobby Center for Public Service